Friday, April 1, 2016

February 20, 2016

First P-Day

Hey everyone. 

Today is my first P-Day and it feels like a much needed break. Even though it's only been three days it feels like forever. 6:30 - 10:30 is a long time to study and learn Spanish. Luckily I got assigned to cool companions and a cool district. I am in a trio and I get along really well with my companions, Elder Pace and Elder Nelson. The other two elders in our district are cool too so we end up having a lot of fun hanging out together even though the classroom can get tiresome. So far the Spanish has been pretty easy, or at least it's easy to understand people when they speak to me in Spanish. We taught our first two lessons yesterday in spanish. The first one we taught was a family that randomly showed up at our classroom while we were preparing to teach an investigator last night. We practiced speaking to them in Spanish and then shared a short message. It was harder than I expected. It was actually pretty tough to figure out how to say what I wanted to get across in Spanish. The lesson went ok though and it definitely was nice to be in a trio because we could all help eachother when someone got stuck. After we finished teaching the family we learned that the guy we taught, Hernano Zevallos (I think that's how you spell it), was a general authority! So our first lesson ever was teaching a member of the seventy. Then he shared a short message with us about not worrying about making mistakes in spanish and instead just trying hard to just speak from the heart. Later we had a lesson with an investigator named Marcos Ramirez (pretty sure he was a rm pretending to be an investigator), but he didn't make it easy on us. he asked good questions and did not attempt to help us when wer struggled to find the spanish word to answer his questions. Somehow we managed to talk to him for a full 30 min and it went fairly well. At the end we got him to commit to praying and we will meet with him again tonight, but we have no clue what we will teach him next. For some reason the computers were having issues today so we have no time to write, so this is all I have time to say. Also it's only been three days, so not too much has happened yet. Also my computer is freaking out so I can't go back and fix typos sorry. Hope you all are doing well. 




Picture of my zone

No comments:

Post a Comment