Thursday, September 1, 2016

Cambios

August 6, 2016

This last week brought some pretty big changes because I got assigned to be the financial secretary of the mission! I'm pretty stoked about my new position, but during transfers the schedule is absolutely insane. I had to come to Managua a day earlier, so I could get here in time to help with all the craziness. 

Sunday nights we get all of the zone statistics and organize them all, which means being in the office until almost midnight

Monday we spent basically getting me set up in the office and running errands for president to make sure everything went smoothly in his day with the missionaries who have completed their two years. Monday night we had to go to the airport to wait for all missionaries flying in from Provo which was a pretty big group of 21. Their flight was late and since we all went out to eat with president it ended up being another night going to bed after midnight. It was pretty cool though to get to see and talk with all the brand new missionaries. 

Tuesday morning we had to be at the airport at 4am to make sure all the north american missionaries got there passports and got through immigration ok. Lot´s of really good missionaries completed there missions this change and it was said to see them go and also it was super trunky realizing that one day that day would come for me as well. Then the new missionaries from the Guatemala MTC came in at 8am. Then we had a meeting all day with the missionaries that would be training and the new missionaries had their interviews. Then we had to go to the office to take care of a few things before going out to proselyte in our area from about 6:30 - 9:30. Then Wednesday morning we had to be at the airport at 4am again this time to give the Latino missionaries their passports and help them all get through immigration. Then there was another all day meeting for all the ZLs, but I basically was running in circles between the office and making sure the breakfast and lunch orders for the meeting were paid and arrived on tim. This day I received about a hundred calls from new missionaries who didn't know there pin numbers and from the countless people who left their areas without paying the rent. Then at around 6:30 we were able to leave again and work in the area. 

Thursday I don't really remember. I think just a bunch of work in the office and a few more hours of work in the area. 

Friday we had a meeting for all of the new leaders, which I actually needed to be there in attendance the whole time, because the financial secretary is also a district leader for the records secretary, sister training leaders and the APs. After the meeting we had a solid five hours to work in the area, so I went on divisions with our ward mission leader to get to know all of the ward leaders and the recent converts. 

Today is P-day and we've basically just been using the day to rest from transfers week. 

Despite all the craziness I really do enjoy working in the office. It's nice to be in air conditioning during the hottest part of the day, I enjoy the challenge of managing the finances of the mission, we get to work with president and his wife, and I still will have a solid 5-6 hours on a normal day to do missionary work with some really good missionaries. There is a good chance I´ll be here for a while, so from here on out my p-days are Saturdays.  

Wish you all the best.

Elder Hamson

Here are some pictures I took on my last few days in Chinandega. Despite being in the area for only a short time, it was still sad to leave the area.  





No comments:

Post a Comment