Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Week of Learning

Overall this week was decent, but the best part was all the learning we did this week. Our stake president showed up to our district meeting on tuesday and scolded us for the first part because this zone hasn't been very succesful in the last few months, which I was a little annoyed by because it wasn't my fault because I just got here. Afterwards he gave us lots of good council on how we should work with the ward leaders, especially the bishop. I really got a lot out of his council because coming from Somoto I have zero experience working with ward leaders. 

On wednesday we had our first Multizone meeting with the new president which went really well and the new president seems like he will be really awesome. He introduced a few new things that we will put into practice, like introducing our recent converts to family history stuff. Another thing that was pretty cool is one of the APs came to work with us after the meeting so we were in trio most of the afternoon, but it was cool to work with someone who has a ton of experience and we were a little humbled to see the difference in where he was at versus where we are at. He just had a way of conversing with everyone and quickly gaining peoples confidence, that I certainly have not mastered yet. He motivated us to improve, and also mentioned to us that he could sees me being a good DL and my companion as a trainer, so whether that is forshadowing of this next change we'll see, but it is likely that the APs wil play a big role in deciding the changes, because the new president doesn't know the missionaries too well. I am quite surprised though at how competent president is from day one and something I have seen throughout my mission was reaffirmed, that the Lord qualifies those that he calls.

Another thing that's been fun is one of the recent converts we have here is really interested in learning, so it is always fun to have lessons with him and his family becausse we end up learning a ton as well as we discuss his questions and look for answers together. I was quite surprised by the scriptures we have been able to find in the bible to answer his questions. Two of my favorites from this week are James 5:14 (blessings for the sick with consecrated oil) and 1 peter 3:18-21 (temple work).

 Ok that's all for this week, hope you all are doing well. 

Elder Hamson

No comments:

Post a Comment